Thursday 25 January 2018

Wingbound - Heather Trim


Book: Wingbound
Author: Heather Trim
Releasedate: March 23, 2018

"Ledger is supposed to fear and despise the Sky People of Ellery, but then he meets an Ellerian girl, named Alouette and does the wrong thing. With his village at war with the winged people who live on a floating island that circles their world, he befriends her.

In Ledger’s seventeenth harvest, Ellery returns empty. The Sky People are gone, Alouette is missing, and Ledger must make a difficult choice — continue life as usual in the blacksmith workshop or board the island against the elder’s wishes and find her."

Wingbound. Oh boy, what was I bound by this book! I read the teaser first and was a little sceptical. It sounded like a common lovestory. Ha! What was I wrong. I’m so sorry, Heather! 
If you thought you have read it all, you haven't read this one! 

Heather manages to drag you with her in her fantasyworld of this magnificent floating island. If you still have a dash of fantasy, it’s not really hard to imagine everything that is happening in this book. Heather knows her characters through and through and uses that to her benefit. It's unexpected, funny, serious, wonderful and above all; magical. Definitely worth your time of reading! 

She paints a beautiful landscape with words. Her style of writing is captivating and I wished I wasn’t done so soon with reading. Gah. Can’t wait to read more! My quote on my blog that is written by Jane Austen definitely applies to Wingbound. 

I’m honored that I was able to read this wonderful story before it’s release and I can really recommend others to buy it when it’s available! And have you seen that cover? That is just simply gorgeous!

And do you know the best part? The book is already online for pre-order!




No comments:

Post a Comment