Monday 21 October 2019

Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon

Book: Dragonfly in Amber
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Releasedate: 1st of July, 1992

Welp, it's October and I finally have finished the second book in the Outlander series. With it's 848 pages in my e-reader it was quite a task to read this one, but I enjoyed pretty much every bit of it. There are some parts that tell a lot about armies and their layouts and I didn't find that much interesting, but it was necessary for the story though.

We follow Claire and Jamie after they've fled Scotland to France. She manages to get entangled in the intrigues and deceit of the French court which is pretty interesting to see.
I don't want to go much into spoilers for this book, because I'm afraid everything I tell, says too much for what is happening.

We do learn who Brianna is and her struggles with the truth and that was really good to read, since the series bring the emotion of the whole situation a tad different.

As I expected I did like the style Diana writes in and it's easy to read!
I'm afraid the next review will have to wait quite some time too, lol, since I definitely plan on going on ahead with the third book and this one counts 960 pages on my e-reader. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment