Thursday 21 June 2018

Fairest - Marissa Meyer

Book: Fairest
Author: Marissa Meyer
Releasedate: the 27th of January, 2015

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who is the Fairest of them all?

Fairest is the 4th novel, technically called 3,5, in the Lunar Chronicles. We get to know Levana and why she became so twisted as she is these days. The story is unnervingly freaky and relatable in a way. They say it is possible to skip this story and continue with Winter, but I am happy I did read it. It tells so much about what happened before. How Selene came across her current faith, who Winter is and how Levana became queen of Luna. 

Marissa managed to captivate me in a way, well uh, it's two days later and I've read it already. It was fascinating, terrifying, twisted and dark and I loved it. It's a true show of craftmanship to write such a dark and good backgroundstory. You almost sympethise with Levana. She believes in her own truth and that is woven throughout the story. So intense, you almost feel sorry for her. 

And now I have run out of books for the Lunar Chronicles. *eyes wallet* Eh, not now. But I still have plenty to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment