Thursday 30 August 2018

Cassandra Clare - Lady Midnight

Book: Lady Midnight
Author: Cassandra Clare
Releasedate: 8th of March, 2016

I totally ran behind with my reviews. Life has gone crazy with a unexpected moving, so it was pretty nuts. But it didn't stop me from reading. I was reading this one during the move. I own Lady Midnight as a copy on my shelf, so it was quite some weight to haul around in my bag. But I liked it nonetheless. I really enjoy reading Cassandra's stories inside the Shadowhunter world.

Despite my liking for her, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the Mortal Instruments series. I just loved that series to bits. But I can't point my finger to the cause why I don't love this book. Sure, it was really interesting to see what had become of Emma en Julian, but the story didn't quite captivate me as it usually does. 

The storyline is nice, the writing style is as usual amazing. Nevertheless, I will still buy the next book in the series when the budget allows it. I just like the world of Shadowhunters too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment