Sunday 13 February 2022

Remember the Butterfly - Rebecca L. Marsh

Book: Remember the Butterfly
Author: Rebecca L. Marsh
Releasedate: February 10th, 2022 

I was and am thankful for Rebecca that she involved me in her tour to tell you about her latest  book 'Remember the Butterfly'. So really, really thank you, Rebecca! 

--

What if you had to give up what you treasured most?

Something unexpected changes the course of Jillian’s life.

After witnessing her sister’s murder, she’s been tormented by survivor’s guilt. Her desperate longing for a child compounds her grief, while endless fertility treatments weigh down her soul.

Just when hope seems beyond her grasp, her dream of motherhood comes true. All Jillian’s pain is washed away and joy fills her heart.

But when someone shows up threatening to take it all away, Jillian must choose between holding on to her newfound happiness or giving it all up for the sake of someone she loves.

--

First and foremost; if you're going to read this book, prepare to get heartbroken. The emotions I felt whilst reading this book were all over the place. I felt endeared, shocked, angry, happy and satisfied. And that all in one book. Rebecca has done it again to capture my emotions and drag them along through the story she's written. We get to know Jillian and what heartbreaking decisions she has to make for love, for herself, for everyone around her. I really felt for her after reading what happened with her sister. And even more so when they failed to conceive. 

I have to be honest. I have debated to throw out my ereader out the window several times. And not because I didn't like the book. No, because what it did to me. At points I was so sad, and so angry at what happened. It is a form of art to take hold of someones emotions and take them with you in the book just through words. As always Rebecca's writing style is easy to read and that makes it even harder to put the book down. 

I cried at the ending of the book and not many books can do that to me. I was really satisfied with how it ended. Remember the Butterfly is a real pageturner filled with emotions you didn't know you could experience them through words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment