Sunday 30 January 2022

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Book: Good Omens
Authors: Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Releasedate: November the 28th, 2006

It's been a while since I've read this one but I HAD to write a review about it, because I am beyond enthusiastic how great this book is!

I've seen the TV series first on Amazon, at least three times, so I had to buy the book to see if that would be even better. Because I LOVE the TV series. I absolotely love it. And not just because David Tennant stars in it! It has this bizarre, British humor kinda feel and I really like that. The casting is awesome, the story telling is awesome and I just don't have any negative things to say about the TV series. I am really looking forward to season 2!

So, I have bought the book. Because they usually say that the book is better then the movie or TV series. There are definitely differences between the book and the TV adaptation, but I don't think it's annoying that they did that. After reading the book I really got the same vibe the TV adaptation gave me. This whimsical, funny and bizarre story just left me giddy after reading. I was like so many times 'this is amazing'  and 'it really feels the same way'. You can absolutely pciture what happens alongside the TV adaptation. It even gives it more depth and I can honestly say that the TV adaptation is worthy of the book. It must've helped that Gaiman himself helped adapting the book for the TV series. That's why I have faith in the second series, because there will be elements in the series that Gaiman and Pratchett discussed what they wanted for a sequel. 

So, if you like the whimsical, funny British humor with a touch of insanity, I would recommend reading this book and also watching the series. You will enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment