Sunday 30 January 2022

The Heir, The Crown - Kiera Cass

Books: The Heir, The Crown
Author: Kiera Cass
Releasedates: May 5th, 2015 - May 3rd, 2016 

Well, you've probably read what my thoughts were on the Selection series, so you can imagine my hopes weren't that high for the last two books.
Fortunately, these books were way better then the first series. I don't know what happened or if Kiera had a stroke of inspiration to do it well, but these ones were so much more fun to read. It has more depth, you really get to know Eadlyn and how she works and it gives her an honest persona. 
At first I found a detail that was really predictable, so I was like 'here we go again', but fortunately it worked out well. 
I liked The Heir and I couldn't put down The Crown. Especially the last book was definitely the best and it is such a shame that it took Kiera until the last book to finally write something worthwhile. (Sorry)

So, if you don't mind having a guilty pleasure in the Selection, then it's definitely worth it to keep reading on to the last two books.  

I really, really wasn't sure who she would choose during the books. Who does she end up with. So I definitely switched between favorites and the ending was really fulfilling though. She added a minor detail in some family drama in the books, that wasn't really necessary for me to be honest, but I did enjoy the Crown a lot. It was sweet, honest, an easyreader and it put a smile on my face once I was done reading. And it wasn't a smile as in 'Finally, I'm done', but I was content when it finished, because what happened in these books, I don't know why these books are better then the first three she wrote, but I'm glad she did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment