Sunday 30 January 2022

The Selection, The Elite, The One - Kiera Cass

 
Books: The Selection, The Elite, The One 
Author:  Kiera Cass
Releasedates: April 24th, 2012 - April 23rd, 2013 - May 6th, 2014

Okay, usually I review the books I've read per book, but I couldn't do this for this series. 
To be honest, I had very high hopes for this series. I've read on several pages that this series was a 'must read' if you liked YA. So, I brought the first book along with me from our amazing bookstore and started reading.

For me, it's a compliment to the author if I own a book of yours and it ends up in my bookcase. For book 2 and 3, I've bought them as an epub so I could read it on my e-reader. Catch my drift?  

I really, really wanted to like this series and in a way it is entertaining, but it was so incredibly predictable. It lacked the immersion I usually enevelop myself in when I start reading a book. Yeah, it was fun to read, but it wasn't very good if I compare to several authors I've previously written. And that is a shame, because it had the potential to be something great. 

So I kept on reading through the books in the hope that it got better, but it didn't. Even the ending was sloppy, easy and hasty in my opinion. There could've been so much more! So, if you like an easy read, without much depth, then this series is just right up your alley! Just don't get your hopes up too high. 

I... I just don't have much words more for it without it being too spoilery. The idea is really nice, yet predicatble. I had hoped it was a Hunger Games gone royal kinda vibe, but it fell through. Alas, I can't read everything and expect it to be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment