Wednesday 30 May 2018

Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

Book: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Releasedate: the 5th of February, 2013

I was finally able to read the second book in the series, which now has a beautiful spot between the rest of my books! Yay for birthdays! Wishlist fulfilment!

We get to know Scarlet. At first I was confused what had happened to Cinder, but eventually everything became clear in the end. The story clearly shows that the worldbuilding is pretty much done in the world of Cinder and Scarlet, so characterbuilding for the win!  

The story is catchy, intriguing and I really love the way Marissa builds this world and how it works. Where you only know Cinder in "Cinder", you really feel there is more too it than it seems in this novel.

It's fun, it's exciting, it's excruciating, it's marvellous. We meet Wolf, start to care for the grandmère of Scarlet and the whole story just simply captivated me. Marissa's version of little Red Riding Hood is amazing. I just loved it. 

For every fairytale lover, this series is just a must read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment