Sunday 12 March 2023

Cursed - Marissa Meyer


Book: Cursed (Gilded #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Releasedate: 8th of November, 2022

Oh my word… I LOVED this book. It was so hard for me to put it down! I got it for Christmas from a friend, because I had Gilded on my e-reader and I just had to have the second book in my hands. I might even still purchase Gilded #1 to have it in my bookcase.

Marissa manages to make a whole new fairytale based on a tale as old as times. And she does it with absolute flourish. If there is one thing I find rather dull in books and movies, is when it gets predictable. And I had no moments at all during this book when it got predictable. Heck, I didn’t even know if the story was going to end well! I’ve read her Heartless two times over and you don’t know with her if there even is a happily ever after. (I just noticed to my horror that I haven’t reviewed Heartless yet. Shocker… *puts it on to do list*)

It’s dark, it’s enticing, it’s horrifying and I cried so hard during this book. I snuck several moments in the day to be able to read it and I still kept busy with it in my head when I wasn’t reading it. It’s so good! An absolute must read! 

5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment