Sunday 15 January 2023

House of Earth and Blood - Sarah J. Maas

 

Book: House of Earth and Blood
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Releasedate: 3rd of March, 2020

Oh boy. I really love the books Sarah writes but this one really took me way to long to get into. I even made a post in our facebook group looking for support on how to get into this book. 

And people kept telling me “Read on, it will get better!” 
And it did, fortunately.

When you start this book, prepared to get infodumped. I really was lost at the start at so many new locations and people that it almost was to much for me. Heck, I still haven’t properly read the Game of Thrones series because of all the POI switching. 

But okay, I kept reading on and I quite liked the book. I still love the Acotar series more then this book, but it was okay for me. Maybe if I read it a second time, it will be better now I know the personas and what happens next. 

I do like the modern day worldbuilding in a world filled with Fae though. I mean, they have cellphones and watch Sunball games on big screen tv’s. That’s really cool. The magic in the story doesn’t feel obsolete, but it enhances each other and I think that’s a really cool job that Sarah did there. 

So, on to number 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment