Sunday 1 January 2023

Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo

 

Book: Six of Crows
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Releasedate: September 29, 2015

Well, the recommendation to read this book came from quite a weird place. I really love playing Guild Wars 2 and I saw someone there with a name that resembled one of the characters in the Throne of Glass series of Sarah J. Maas. (I’ve read those too also in the past, all of them are in my bookcase!)
We started talking and she recommended me this book with it’s successor as well. So, I still had some birthday money left and ordered them. They have a pretty spot in my bookcase now.

Okay, remember Ocean’s Eleven? It’s like that and nothing like that at all. It’s fantasy, dark and brutal. You get to know several characters in the story and whereas I was afraid it was going to be a multi person story with several storylines, it wasn’t that bad at all. The story flows with the different characters and just shows you different point of views. 

I really like the way the Grisha work in this world and I find it fascinating how Leigh made it so human still. Kaz is a really intriguing person to follow and you never quite know what’s going on in that dark head of his. The story is daring, exciting and thrilling. And I really like the scenery because it’s mostly Dutch inspired (however some of the names elude me why those were chosen as “Dutch”), but hey, it was pretty well executed. It’s really weird for me to read Dutch names in an English story, so my head was switching back and forth to Dutch and English, but that didn’t bother me. 

Leigh’s storytelling is a hard to put down kinda style and it reads very easily. So, if you like dark, brooding and a criminal mastermind, I’d definitely recommend reading this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment