Sunday 22 January 2023

House of Sky and Breath - Sarah J. Maas

 

Book: House of Sky and Breath (Crescent City #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas 
Releasedate: 15th of February, 2022

OH… MY … SOCKS… 
I wrote that I wasn’t very enthusiastic about the first book in this series, but second one has blown me away!

I mean, I even coerced my husband to start reading the books so I can squeal with him over the ending of this book. 

I was much more invested in this story then I was in the first one. It felt like it finally fell into place and it was much easier for me to read instead of getting lost in the infodump. None of that was really needed now. 

It was sligthly daunting for me to start this book, because I was so underwhelmed by the start of the first book, but it was totally worth it getting into it. The books are one of the thickest on my bookshelves, but you really need all the pages for the story. It was quite a heavy book to take with me on the subway, lol, And I even have the hardcover so that’s extra weight and mass. But I didn’t regret it and I read it pretty quickly. Sarah’s writing style is so easy to read. I was surprised in the first book and the second with all the profanity, but given that this isn’t YA anymore, I guess that suits the purpose for the story.

If you are planning on reading this series, I highly recommend that you read the Actorar series first and possibly even the Throne of Glass series as well, because there is a big plan afoot in Sarah’s worlds and you want to be there to see it unfold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment