Sunday 29 January 2023

A Deadly Education - Naomi Novik

 

Book: A Deadly Education (Scholomance #1)
Author: Naomi Novik
Releasedate: September 29, 2020

A friend of mine recommended this book and once I read the teaser I was intrigued, so when I came across it in our local bookstore, I brought it along.

Well, first and foremost. Naomi’s writing is so easy and vivid to read. I actually read this one in just a few days. And with my current energylevels and time to read, that says a lot. If I had a whole day where I could read a book, it would definitely be this one.

The magic system is as far as I can tell pretty unique. The way the world works with malia and mana is really cool and the fact that you are born with an affinity for certain magic skills is very neat. 

I do love the main character. Most heroines are very insecure and most likely a sort of damsel in distress. Well, Galadriel isn’t. She’s not your regular loner, but I can really feel why she is alone and it’s really cool to see how she develops throughout the story. I really, really like this book and will most definitely read it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment