Sunday 5 February 2023

The Last Graduate - Naomi Novik

 
Book: The Last Graduate (Scholomance #2)
Author: Naomi Novik
Releasedate: 28th of September, 2021

Oh man, I loved the first book and I really do love the second. In the first book a whole plan arises and it comes to bloom in the second and it is awesome to behold what happens. I am really trying to be as spoilerless as possible, but if you’ve already read the first one, you really were waiting for the second one. 

I hated the ending, because when I read this, the third book wasn’t out yet, by far. I bought this one in the pre-order and read it asap. And maaaan, the wait was long. It ends with a huge cliffhanger and it has this epic feel throughout the story. I mean, El and Orion are such a cool match to see. And I just love that the Scholomance itself is ‘alive” and so willing to participate in whatever scheme Galadriel is throwing herself in. I am really fascinated by the magic system and I really feel for El that she doesn’t want to go to the dark side, despite the fact that her skills would definitely suit her. The universe is technically screaming at her to become a maleficer, but no, she won’t succumb and I admire her for that. 

And by the way, have you noticed the freaking creepy monsters that lurk there? I mean, a mawmouth just sounds horrendous! Brrr. I definitely understand why the parents send their kids to the Scholomance if they can. But man, that’s just nasty stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment