Sunday 26 February 2023

Ready Player Two - Ernest Cline

 
Book: Ready Player Two
Author: Ernest Cline
Releasedate: 24th of November, 2020

To be brutally honest; that was underwhelming. I just loved LOVED the first book with all it’s quirks and references and the way the story build up to the climax. It was amazeballs.

But this? It was so predictable in so many ways. I mean, I yelled Swordt Art Online before it even was a thought on the page it seems. The story on itself is slow, it really takes so much time (too much time?) to get into the story itself. And once there is a quest there are so many problems presented. It almost felt political. And me, as a nerd and gamer, I was underwhelmed. And a tad disappointed. I had no idea what story the second book would be. I always get into a book with an open mind to see what happens. But this one was filled with unnecessary cliches. 

I mean, it feels really weird that after all Wade had done in the first book. Find all the Easter Eggs, he gets another one! Was that suffering not enough already? Can’t he just be in peace? It’s such a contrast to the ending of the first book and it feels not in place. You could read it for the additional lore in the world, but I think I would’ve been perfectly happy if we only had Ready Player one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment