Sunday 19 February 2023

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

 
Book: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Author: Suzanne Collins
Releasedate: May 19, 2020

Well, who hasn’t heard of the Hunger Games? I’ve read the Hunger Games series at least 2 times now and have seen the movies at least 3 times. I just really love that world and I might start rereading again once my TBR pile is slowly depleting. Haha, who am I kidding?

This is the origin story of Coriolanus Snow and when you meet him at first and you compare him with the President Snow we know from the Hunger Games, you can hardly see the resemblance between the two. Coriolanus is going to mentor the female tribute from District 12. And as you know, that’s the same district Katniss comes from. The lowest of the low. How is he ever going to make that girl win? 

I just love the fact that this is an origing story and throughout the tale you see him develop into slowly but surely the Snow we come to know so many years later. It has slight nudges and winks to the Hunger Games series if you’ve paid attention to the details and I like that. It’s not pompous and the story definitely feels like it’s set so many years before. Different tech, despite it’s in our future, but Suzanne still made it count.

I can’t wait to see what they’ve made of the movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment